It seems there are alot of folks with questions regarding branding/customizing the SharePoint 2010 UI. I am going to use this opportunity to step back into the blogging more heavily and help to answer some of those questions.
In the coming days and weeks I will be posting a series blogs related to branding/customization from a designers perspective, not a developers perspective. I will include all source files including PSD’s, Master Pages, Page Layouts and Style Sheets.
The following topics will be front and center in the posts:
- Things to know before you begin.
- What do you need and want to accomplish? Planning with a purpose.
- Designing the UI – The Photoshop Phase.
- Removing SharePoint from the picture – the Static HTML phase.
- Getting your SharePoint environment set-up for design work. Understanding the bits and pieces and where they go!
- Matching out of the box SharePoint 2010 components with your content requirements.
- The ever elusive “Blank Starting Master Page“.
- Creating Page Layouts.
- Styling (CSS) the SharePoint UI.
- Tips and Tricks for Branding/Customizing the SharePoint UI.
Get ready… Guess who’s back!